Many of our students arrive and leave on buses provided by the local public school districts. Requests and any problems related to transportation by a public school bus should be directed to the appropriate school district.
If you or a friend, relative, or childcare provider are providing transportation to or from school for your child, please keep in mind that our school day begins at 8:20 AM and ends at 3:00 PM. Students who come to school late arrive feeling stressed and unprepared to start learning. They miss significant time in the classroom, whether to enjoy an opening activity or to receive important instruction. At the end of the day, it is important to pick up your child in a timely manner. Our teachers and staff should not be expected to provide supervision to children after school unless appropriate arrangements have been made for the After School Program.
School Bus Safety
We rely on school buses to bring our children to school and back home again safely. To accomplish this, we request your cooperation in reviewing the following rules with your child.
- Help keep the bus on schedule by being on time at the designated school bus stop each morning and by leaving school promptly when your bus is called at day’s end.
- Stay off the roadway while waiting for the bus. Move toward the bus and get on only when it has been brought to a complete stop.
- Do not leave your seat while the bus is in motion. Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times. Do not throw anything out the bus windows.
- In the event of a road emergency, remain in the bus and follow the driver’s instructions.
- Remember that unnecessary confusion diverts the driver’s attention and could result in a serious accident.
- Do not tamper with the bus or any of its equipment.
- Assist in keeping the bus safe and clean at all times. Keep books, coats, packages and all other objects out of the aisles.
- Be courteous to fellow pupils and the bus driver. Help look after the safety and comfort of smaller children.
- Do not ask the driver to stop at places other than the regular bus stop. The driver is not permitted to do this.
- Observe safety precautions at discharge points. Where it is necessary to cross the roadway, proceed to a point at least 10 feet in front of the bus on the right shoulder of the street where traffic may be observed in both directions. Wait for a signal from the bus driver.
- Follow the instructions of the bus driver at all times.
Please fill out the following form and get it to us by the first day of school.