Kadimah Academy, a private school located in Amherst, New York committed to Academic Excellence, is interviewing for the following 2017-2018 position:
Part-Time ELA/Social Studies Teacher
- Responsible for teaching students in multi-age pods for grades 5-8
- Use formative and summative assessments to drive instruction
- Create an engaging and safe learning environment
- Use multiple approaches to meet learning needs of all students
- Plan and prepare differentiated, integrated lesson plans and instructional activities by identifying clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
- Utilize a variety of learning materials and resources for use in the classroom.
- Identify student instructional levels and differentiate instruction to address students at their readiness level using a variety of teaching strategies.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Encourage and monitor progress of all students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student’s progress.
- Manage student behavior by establishing clear protocols and an optimum learning environment in and out of the classroom.
- Effectively communicate with parents and administration to maximize student growth.
- Participate in on-site professional development, school meetings, and extracurricular programs as required.
- Ensure that School policies are reflected in daily practice.
- Continue to grow professionally, and implement changes to instruction as needed.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Head of School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (1-6) or (7-12), Master’s Degree Preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
Be sure to include electronic or paper copy of:
- Resume and Cover Letter
- 3 letters of reference
- A written statement that explains why you feel well qualified for employment with Kadimah Academy Community Day School, and any information which you think may be of value in our consideration of you for a position.