Kadimah Academy of Buffalo, NY has openings for energetic and skillful substitute educators to join our team of outstanding teachers and students. All subject areas: ELA, math, science, ESL, music, physical education, special education, after school wrap-around care program. Both same-day and pre-planned opportunities available as needs arise.
These are substitute positions in all subjects for elementary students providing support for our robust education program.
- Small class sizes
- Competitive pay rate: $40 per ½ day
- EOE employer
Kadimah Academy is a Nursery to eighth grade school that is part of a wonderful, tight-knit community. Kadimah Academy faculty is committed to academic excellence. Our families are committed to day school education; our intellectually curious students love coming to school, and there is a high level of collaboration among the faculty and our community. Kadimah Academy embraces diversity and welcomes students from every local congregation and the unaffiliated community. As our school continues to grow, we seek creative educators who enjoy being part of a team and who are committed to learning and using innovative teaching methodologies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Maintains excitement about and passion for the daily work of an educator
- Creates a dynamic and respectful learning environment in a multi-age class
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree (required); Master’s preferred
- Is interested in cognitive development, creativity and language acquisition
- Has an extensive knowledge of varied learners, accommodation and modification strategies.
- Values the contributions that technology can make to a child’s learning experience.
- Is a flexible thinker
- Values empathetic responses and warm interactions with students, families, colleagues, and community members.
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Is a team player who is willing to learn from and listen to others
- Substitute teachers from a diverse range of backgrounds are welcome; one need not be Jewish.
- Skillfully teach selected classes to students in our Nursery through eighth grade school.
- Support diverse learners in and out of the classroom.
We look forward to welcoming a new face to our community and encourage potential applicants to review this website for more information about our community. Please send a resume, three letters of recommendation, and a cover letter that indicates the position of interest. These items should be emailed (subject line: General Studies Substitute Position) as an attachment to: email@example.com.